always wanted to do one of those terrible award speeches.. award gripped near to my heart.. the tears flowing.. me wearing a vintage fish tail gown.. it ain't going to happen is it..
so i'll just give my thanks to Victoria's Vintage for awarding me this!!!
To accept the Versatile Blogger Award the rules are:
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.
So here's my 7 things about myself but it isn't that versatile nor interesting ...sorry!
1. i get very excited by the thought of making over furniture, giving a tatty old piece of brown formica a whole new look with the power of the paint brush.. i get sleepless nights over things like that... now that is sad isn't it!!!
2. when i was a child i was obsessed with brides.. i use to draw wedding dresses and collected pics of wedding dresses and would keep them in a file. i didn't particularly want to be a bride i just wanted to be a wedding dress designer.. once i even started a range for pregnant brides ..how very modern of me!!!
3. I'm a terrible cook... i try my best and no matter what i cook it always tastes of nothing, or something goes wrong!!.. now i make a good cake so i suppose I'll have to be grateful for that at least, Ive only ever made one roast dinner in my life!
4. my favourite colour is pink and in my little house i had when i was 21..i painted the dining room all in bright pink.. it had silver accessories.. i thought it was amazing at the time.. thinking back it was pretty vile!
5. i would love to open my own shop and sell lots of pretties.. lots of china and fabric and pretty things for the home.. it would be called pretty vintage and have a cornflower blue exterior with red geraniums in pots outside to make it look cheery.. and then pale blues and reds and pinks on the interior!!
6. I'm constantly on a diet but have such terrible willpower.. that the hubby only has to suggest the idea of crisps or sweets or a takeout and Ive fallen of the waggon.. not good.. especially when i cant get into any of my clothes!!!
7. i am a real period drama fan.. my favourite at the minute is Downton Abby.. i am gutted that its the last one on Sunday as it is just so lovely to watch.. other faves have included pride and prejudice, i even loved Lost in Austin as it was so gentle and romantic to watch.. i always think I'm miss hard hearted but i think I'm a bit of a softy really!!.. and one of my fave films is sense and sensibility. .. my favourite line from that is.. "there is some blue sky...let us chase it !"
well thats my lot.. see not very interesting but thats me!!!..
.. thank you anyways victoria for thinking of me!!..
as the award has been going round for a bit i wont pass it on as i dont want to send it to someone who already has it.. so i'll just say if you read this blog.. take the award for yourself and if you fancy it.. tell us a bit about yourself....