Thursday 16 December 2010

Floral Magpie

the hubby calls me a magpie. but my thing isn't silver or gold.. its flowery or polka dots!!.. i think I'm able to spot something in floral packaging from about 600 paces!!..
he says i swoop in on all things pretty.. i think i do..
yesterday was a fine example!!.. had to go to the job centre to sign on.. ( which is the biggest waste of time, all very tick box procedure for them.. not actually helping me to find a job mind.. anyways !!) and the job centre for were i live is based in a hideous shopping centre.. think lots of people walking round in tracksuits smelling of pasties.. lots of prams and people with no teeth.. it really is the most vilest place on earth and i do try not to go there if i can help it..
however i had a quick snoop round the shops while i was there .. just having a look round Home & Bargains, which is full of all sorts when my eyes locked onto this box.. just sitting on its own on top of another box.. it had all the right packaging.. pink...flowery and the words vintage.. !!!


it immediately caught my eye and then when i looked at it properly and saw the picture on the front... i knew i was going to buy it!!!
and all for the grand price of £3.99...
i mean how cheap is that, its so pretty..


look at the lovely floral pattern.. very Miss Kidston dont you think.. but without the ridiculous price tag ( bitter me??!!... hmmm yes!)



Ive been after a new cake stand for a while since the boys smashed my last one but all the ones i was looking for on ebay were to expensive so i thought id just wait for the sales.. don't need to now do i !!.. or i spose i could and buy another one anyway..is that greedy!
so all it needs now is some gorgeous fancy cakes to go on it for me to get through while I'm reading a book and cosied up on the sofa... don't know when that's going to happen though !!







12 comments:

  1. I think I need to get to Home bargains straight away. I have a bit of a cake stand obsession and that's not one to be missed.

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky find. I think CK is way over priced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh well spotted it is gorgeous
    enjoy the rest of your day
    xx fee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous find and we have a local home bargains....yay!

    As to the job centre, sounds a necessary evil. Hope things work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh thats gorgeous what a bargin ;-)) Hope you find a lovely job in the new year. Take care dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I with you on the spots and florals! I would have gone for that cake stand..even though I don't really NEED anymore cake stands! It looks way more than £3.99.
    Talking of shopping centres (which I keep away from at all costs at this time of year)..it's the constant blaring out of 'I wish it could be Xmas every year'.I swear if I hear that one more time I'm going to explode!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos to you! That is splendid!!!
    *´¨)
    ¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
    (¸.*´ (¸.*´* Lori Lynn *

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to report I got one, many thanks. They were very easy to miss as they were with matching bath sets, near the shampoos. I'm going to put baubles on it for now. So pleased you did this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so very pretty.....and a much better price....I love the design....xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is ace. Keep popping in there, if you can bear to bypass the hideousness. I used to have one in my hometown in the UK, similarly occupied by inbred, medieval teeth peeps. I found lovely baskets with gingham trim, pink enamelware and kind of Venetian glass pic frames which looked much more expensive than they were. You cannot find bargains like that here, sob. It is a lovely cakestand and personally, I think Cath is overpriced and overrated. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your description of the people in the shopping centre made me laugh- I know that feeling !
    Great cake stand !
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete