Wednesday 20 October 2010

Baby its cold outside!

brrrr I'm sooo cold this morning.. dropped the oldest boy off at school and its only a five mins walk.. my hands were like ice when i got home.. i really must get out my winter woollies and start wrapping up... the sun is beautiful though so cant complain.. it could be cold and grey and that's just plain miserable ..
well as the sun is shining i thought i would still put the washing on the line because i do like it to get an airing instead of being kept indoors were i think it just drys hard doesn't it.. towels end up like crisps!!
so as i was hanging out the washing i looked through my french doors and just loved the sunlight that was coming through the front.. it just looks so warm.. so i had to take a picture !!




i do have to go out to the post office but I'm putting it off a bit. just want to snuggle up with my book.. "coming home" by Rosamunde Pilcher ( i love her books they make me feel cosy!) and indulge in a couple of home made biccies and a cuppa..


whilst lying like a cat in this armchair right in the sunlight!!



the baby is pottering around so i think that's what i might do for a bit and then go out into the cold, well it might have warmed up after lunch !!

have a good day all
xx

8 comments:

  1. Yes it was a bit parky this morning wasn't it...but the blue skies and sunshine make up for it.Your sitting room looks so cosy,I don't blame you wanting to stay in cosy up in your comfy chair.That's what I'm doing today...well I've got a bit of a cold..so that's my excuse,apart from walking Bella of course.Enjoy your book..I love R.Pilcher too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to wear a scarf for the first time today on the way to work, it was a nice silver sparkly one so i didn't mind ;-) But yes temperature really has dropped, but a gorg sunshine day, your home looks so lovely and cosy its great when the sun shines in but yes def curling up with a good book is best ;-) Hope you enjoyed your day. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had to scrape the ice off the car here! Brrrr! Your house looks too cosy to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I don't blame you for not wanting to leave the house, it looks warm and cosy. I actually got my gloves out for the first time today, brr. But the sun was gorgeous here too so I didn't mind too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hiked the winter woolies out yesterday though I think we went a bit overboard and started stripping them off half way down the hill. Glad we had them with us though.

    Have a lovely day,

    Nina xxx

    ps. I always choose the sunny spot and curl up like a cat - maybe in a previous life? N xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that armchair! Curling up with a good book when it's cold outside is one of my favourite things to do. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks so inviting and cosy and who could blame you for wanting to snuggle up with a book or potter! days like these I love too.
    I love the fabric on your chair.
    There are many berries on the hedges so I am guessing we may be in for a cold one, which i have no complaits about at all...apart for maybe a big gas bill!
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those home made biccies look yummy - no wonder you wanted to curl up indoors with such a welcoming spot to sit in!

    ReplyDelete