Monday 10 January 2011

Basket Case

I love a basket!!

i love the fact that they come in all shapes and sizes and for a quick tidy up you can just shove everything into them..thus regaining order in the house.. ( well until it comes to sort out said basket and then it takes you ages.. but hey ho!!)

anyways my mum had bought some baskets for herself the other week from the charity shop but when she got home realised that she really didn't have a home for them..but knew immediately the person who would find a home for them ( me.. that's who!)

so i became the new owners of these lovely white baskets.. complete with blue floral lining..





aren't they lovely.. the min i saw them i knew they would go on the top of the dresser in the dining room..



one of them holds all the kids crayons and pencils ( essential to be in a high place so i can try and control the drawing on walls, furniture situation!)
and then the bigger one holds all grown up treaty chocolate that I'm sure would make the children sick if they were to try any of it.. so its almost the same as keeping bleach and cleaning products away from them i think!!!


then today took a walk into town and found these baskets..




when i blogged about my ikea buys "bibbitybob" from the Le Monde Voit L'avenir en rose ( isn't that just a fabby name for a blog!) blog suggested i get some baskets for my coffee table which i thought was a really good idea.. not only would it "shabby chic!" up the somewhat modern design it would also be handy for organising things like remotes etc

thought i was going to have to go back to ikea and buy some of their little baskets but then i came across these today


so i was rather chuffed..
they have lovey china handles which i thought was a real pretty touch

and the pattern is rather pretty to on them
so Ive already started to find things to put in them..here's the remotes for the TV and the Wii ... these are always going missing so if i know there is a central place for them its much better than lifting the sofa every two minutes looking for lost remotes ( what happened to the good old days when you could just turn the TV on and the channel would just come on !!!)

and look at that.... they fit the space perfectly!!



i do have a few more baskets around the house but these tend to hold things like toilet rolls which i think i really do not have to blog about !!!



9 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Its all clear now!

    I love the china handles on those baskets!

    You just need to train everyone to put the remotes in there now - that will be the hard bit!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the china handles - very pretty. Your dresser top looks gorgeous. I'm very impressed that you need a basket that big for your treaty chocolate - it doesn't hang around long enough to go in a basket in this house!!
    Cathy X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely baskets i love the ones with the china handles i have seen any like that before. You did make me smile with the chocolate and bleach in high places comment and i sooooo agree with you ;-)) Have a lovely week, Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true about the chocolate, what a kind mummy you are ;) thanks for the kind mention, glad you liked the idea and managed to find the perfect ones! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those baskets look like they were just made to go on your dresser! What a good Mum :)

    I have a couple of baskets on the top of my dining room dresser, I have to keep one empty now though as my little puffball Betty loves to take a nap in one. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great baskets. They're very handy.
    I cleaned out a kitchen cupboard the other day and I now have 7 baskets sitting round doing nothing! They're going in the loft for Christmas hampers, they always come in handy sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those white baskets are identical to my laundry basket I bought about 2 years ago from Instore. I bought it as I LOVED the fabric lining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVELY BASKETS!
    I TOO HAVE A BASKET ON MY COFFEE TABLE WITH THE NUMEROUS REMOTE CONTROLS! THEY DRIVE ME CRAZY... THE REMOTES NOT THE BASKETS!LOL
    YOUR DRESSER IS TO DIE FOR!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete